EMPLOYMENT – OVERHEAD CRANE INSPECTOR/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, SOUTH CAROLINA LOCATION
G.W. Becker, Inc. (GWBI) is looking for a Overhead Crane Inspector/Business Development Manager who will be responsible for inspecting, installing, maintaining, repairing and operating overhead cranes and hoists in the Dillon, SC Region. In addition, this professional will be expected to increase revenue by identifying new business leads through research, conducting client outreach and creating relationships with prospective clients.
Compensation Package For This Position
- Competitive pay based on experience level
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance, in addition to basic life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Credit card for business related expenses
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Company vehicle
- Troubleshoot, repair and inspect overhead cranes and hoists.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on equipment.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs for customers.
- Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; and recommending system improvements.
- Service overhead crane systems by performing quality installations; performing OSHA/ANSI equivalent inspections; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; and responding to repair calls.
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports and inspection checklists.
- Builds and maintains customer confidence by maintaining good response time, informing customer of problems and completing the job in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of AC and DC motor controls
- Excellent organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills while working under pressure
- Strong electrical, mechanical and/or structural skills and abilities
- Ability to work at heights
- Overhead crane inspection experience is required
- Welding, fabrication, layout, burning, fitting, and rigging experience are a huge plus
- Experience with overhead cranes is desirable
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record are required
- Travel is required