EMPLOYMENT – INSIDE SALES ENGINEER
G.W. Becker, Inc. (GWBI) is looking for an Inside Sales Engineer who will be responsible for providing customers with material, labor and time estimates, and assistance in applying overhead crane-related products and services to their needs. This position focuses on using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to increase revenues across all of our overhead crane products and services.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with customers in order to understand their needs and service requirements.
- Provides technical support to customers by answering questions regarding products and services.
- Prepares cost estimates by analyzing customer inquiries, technical plans, detailed drawings and related documents to determine the material, labor and time needed to complete the request while meeting target margins on items quoted.
- Analyzes customers’ application of products and services in order to determine alternative options, improvements and cost saving solutions.
- Reviews and processes customer purchase orders to ensure that it accurately matches the initial quote with regards to specification, pricing and sales margins.
- Serves as support staff for Outside Sales team.
- Consults with Engineers and other technical staff as needed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Interpersonal skills – Ability to demonstrate patience, tact, courtesy, discretion and tolerance to others. Ability to interact with individuals in a respectful manner, and to engage others in a constructive two-way conversation.
- Oral communication ability – Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written communication ability – Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand. Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize work – Ability to establish courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Ability to set priorities, goals and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Teamwork ability – Ability to actively participate as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Enthusiasm and initiative – Ability to maintain an enthusiastic, proactive approach to meet job responsibilities.
- Ability to negotiate and persuade others – Ability to persuade and influence others, and to negotiate to find mutually acceptable solutions.
- Customer focus orientation – Ability to make customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions. Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
- Ability to apply knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Ability to apply knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics.
- Previous sales or customer service experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline is preferred, but not required