EMPLOYMENT – FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
G.W. Becker, Inc. (GWBI) is looking for a Field Service Technician who will be responsible for applying at least one of three trade skill sets (electrical, mechanical or structural) to installing, maintaining, repairing, and operating overhead cranes and hoists.
- Troubleshoot, repair and inspect overhead cranes and hoists.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on equipment.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs for customers.
- Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; and recommending system improvements.
- Service overhead crane systems by performing quality installations; performing OSHA/ANSI equivalent inspections; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; and responding to repair calls.
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports and inspection checklist.
- Builds and maintains customer confidence by maintaining good response time, informing customer of problems and completing the job in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional presentation, timeliness, appearance and organization in all areas.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills while working under pressure
- Ability to work at heights
- Requires excellent electrical, mechanical and/or structural skills and abilities
- Welding, fabrication, layout, burning, fitting, and rigging experience are a huge plus
- Experience with overhead cranes is desirable
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record are required
- Travel is required