EMPLOYMENT – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
G.W. Becker, Inc. (GWBI) is looking for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for identifying new business leads through research, conducting client outreach, and supporting company sales efforts across the organization. This position focuses on creating relationships with perspective, former and existing GWBI clients to increase revenues across all of our overhead crane products and services. This position requires up to 40-50% travel.
- Source new sales opportunities with perspective and existing GWBI customers through research and sales calls, and follow-up with outbound cold calls and emails to establish meetings for sales team.
- Identify key decision makers and establish peer-to-peer conversations with the objective of setting up introductory sales meetings and to inform them over the phone on the value of our products and services
- Develop and maintain productive long-term relationships with prospective and existing GWBI customers. Positively influence the customer experience and the relationship they have with GWBI.
- Achieve meeting targets for each month based on business need and sales team availability. Prepare pre-meeting reports, including initial call notes, company contact information, company statistics, opportunity assessment and additional findings.
- Track calls and document contact efforts (date, time, person contacted) and contact information (name, title, phone number, email address) for all outreach efforts.
- Develop strong content knowledge on both the overhead crane industry and GWBI’s products and services to maximize sales productivity.
- Promote all GWBI products and services, including but not limited to, manufacturing and installing overhead crane products and components and specialized expertise in application assistance, OSHA inspections, preventive maintenance, training and field repairs of overhead cranes and hoists.
- Partner with sales team to conduct sales research projects, including but not limited to, assisting with business development strategy efforts and prospective customer outreach.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Interpersonal skills – Ability to demonstrate patience, tact, courtesy, discretion and tolerance to others. Ability to interact with individuals in a respectful manner, and to engage others in a constructive two-way conversation.
- Oral communication ability – Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written communication ability – Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand. Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize work – Ability to establish courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Ability to set priorities, goals and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Teamwork ability – Ability to actively participate as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Enthusiasm and initiative – Ability to maintain an enthusiastic, proactive approach to meet job responsibilities. Demonstrate persistence and be able to overcome obstacles.
- Ability to negotiate and persuade others – Ability to persuade and influence others, and to negotiate to find mutually acceptable solutions.
- Customer focus orientation – Ability to make customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions. Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience/training in the crane industry preferred.
- Prior experience in business development, sales, fundraising, or customer service is required
- Must have current valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- 3 years relevant experience (Required)
- 5 years sales experience (Preferred)
- 5 years marketing experience (Preferred)